The Siddha Yoga Archives
Shakti Punja—literally, “a gathering of divine energies”—is the name of the Siddha Yoga archives. Through Shakti Punja the SYDA Foundation protects and preserves the history and cultural heritage of the Siddha Yoga path. The Shakti Punja archives include collections of audio and video recordings and photographs of Gurumayi Chidvilasananda
, Baba Muktananda
, and Bhagavan Nityananda
The archives also include
- the Gurus’ words—transcripts of their teachings
- artifacts—sacred articles of worship, Baba’s personal effects
- statues—maintenance and care of sculptures on (or once on) Ashram grounds
- documents—publications and organizational records
- oral history—interviews with people on the Siddha Yoga path
Archiving is an exacting science. Maintaining something permanently requires equipment, technical expertise, and significant investments of time, space, and financial resources. Shakti Punja sevites employ the latest technologies and methods to collect, organize, catalog, store, and preserve invaluable and often irreplaceable items.
The archives of Shakti Punja are continually expanding through contributions from Siddha Yogis around the world. You can contribute to the archival history of the Siddha Yoga path by sharing your experiences of Siddha Yoga sadhana and contributing materials of archival interest to the Shakti Punja archives.