SYDA Foundation Staff Requirements
(six months or more)
Please read the requirements listed below and create or update your Seva Profile.
In addition to the skills required for a specific position with the SYDA Foundation, all candidates for staff positions must meet the following qualifications:
Siddha Yoga Studentship Requirements (All Staff Positions)
- Has participated in at least one Siddha Yoga Shaktipat Intensive.
- Has maintained at least one of the core Siddha Yoga practices (meditation, chanting, seva, dakshina) for a minimum of two years.
- Has participated in Sweet Surprise within the past two years.
- Has served as a visiting sevite in Shree Muktananda Ashram within the past five years.
- Has participated in seva at a Siddha Yoga Ashram, meditation center, chanting and meditation group, retreat site, or has offered home seva for the SYDA Foundation for at least one year within the past five years.
- Understands seva as a spiritual practice.
- Is able to offer full-time seva.
- Demonstrates understanding of, alignment with, and commitment to the philosophy and culture of the Siddha Yoga path, including the spiritual practices.
Skill Requirements (All Staff Positions)
- Demonstrates fluency in written and spoken English; able to give and understand clear instructions and to share experiences with clarity.
- Demonstrates workflow management skills; is able to manage priorities to meet timelines.
- Has basic and practical computer skills.
- Demonstrates effective communication and listening skills.
- Is able to give and receive clear, constructive feedback.
- Works productively both independently and with a team.
Log on to create or update your Seva Profile. If you do not have a Siddha Yoga Online Login, you will be prompted to create one.